- To work towards the development of a comprehensive and optimalStroke service in Sri Lanka
- To support and facilitate the delivery of medical care of the higheststandard to patients with stroke.
- To maintain the highest ethical standards in the care of stroke
- To advance knowledge and to develop practice guidelines in
- To encourage, promote and support research related to stroke.
- To engage in regular educational activities regarding stroke aimed at medical and paramedical personnel, patients, caregivers and the public.
- To provide support and assistance to patients with stroke, their families and caregivers.
- To encourage and support the establishment of Regional Stroke Associations and local support groups
- To liaise with Governmental and other relevant organizations to improve the stroke services and prevention of stroke.
- To receive, hold and apply funds, gifts, bequests and endowments or proceeds thereof, for any of the purposes described in the objectives.